|Real Name||Lucas McKensie|
|Aliases||Jonas Jeffries, Macabre, Death's Blade, Demon of Death|
|Affiliations||Ring of Gyges, CABAL, B.A.N.E.|
|Base of Operations||Mobile|
|Occupation||Mercenary, Assassin, Soldier (formerly), Bounty Hunter, Serial Killer, Gourmet Chef|
|Education||Military training via the United States Army, various culinary degrees/training from all over the world|
|Place of Birth||Unknown|
|Creator||John F. Allen, David Hart|
Jonas Jefferies, born as Lucas McKensie, is secretly the Neo-Human mercenary assassin known as Macabre. Jonas was a troubled child. Growing up an orphan, Jonas was shuffled from foster home to foster home. Due to his high level of intelligence, school held no challenge or interest for him. He in turn, developed a penchant for hurting small animals and insects which grew into a sadistic love for inflicting pain upon people.
When he was 18, he was arrested for grand theft. The judge presiding over his case saw his exemplary grades and gave him a choice, prison or the military. He chose the Navy and eventually became a Navy SEAL. He quickly rose thru the ranks and showed a high proficiency for killing which brought him to the attention of a covert black ops, military group called Operation Omega, led by General Brady Ellington.
Members of Operation Omega were Neo-Human, either naturally or enhanced. An experimental, adrenal mutagen was administered to Jonas, yet after nearly a year of testing no significant changes were recorded. Thinking the experiment failed, Jonas was discharged from the program and the Navy shortly thereafter.
But his love of killing wouldn’t go away. He started killing people to satisfy his urges. Months later, Jonas fell ill and suffered from symptoms consistent with an autoimmune disease, the likes of which had never before been diagnosed. After succumbing to his affliction, Jonas reanimated 24 hours later and escaped from the morgue to find he had developed enhanced physical and mental abilities. His illness and rebirth had triggered his dormant Progeny gene, which enhanced him in ways even Ellington hadn't anticipated. McKensie's physical enhancements included enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes, senses and accelerated healing. His already genius level intellignce was was heightened, which twisted his already warped mind even further. He allowed the world to believe he had died and changed his name to Jonas Jefferies.
He traveled to France where he studied cooking on a whim. As with most things he set his mind to, he excelled at it. While traveling to the orient to further study cooking, he was caught in a fire fight between rival gangs where he used his killing prowess to kill the members of both gangs easily. His actions brought him to the attention of those who would use him, in the form of a trio of martial arts masters, simply called the Saisho Senseis. They took him in and agreed to train him in their obscure and secret fighting styles. He excelled faster than humanly possible due to his enhancements, learning all the masters could teach him, they sent him out to destroy those same rival gangs. Jonas not only completed his mission, he developed new ways of killing that terrified his masters, he would study killing as earnestly as he did cooking. Realizing that his skill was growing as rapidly as was his depravity, the Saisho Senseis released Jonas from their service.
Jonas traveled to England where he opened his first restaurant called Desire. Around that same time, there were a series of unexplained murders throughout Europe. Jonas realized he loved killing so much that he wanted to devote his life to it. Donning a demonic/masochistic persona and calling himself Macabre, he set his skills for hire and became one of the world’s best hired assassins. For a time, when between assignments, Jonas would kill indiscriminately. Anything could set him off, from road rage, to someone else’s arrogance. He took great pride in surprising his victims and killing them in horrendous ways. However, he later focused his serial killing so that he only targeted victims who were also serial killers or hardened criminals.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Macabre possesses superhuman strength which allows him to lift/press up to 3 tons optimally.
- Superhuman Speed: Macabre is capable of running and reacting at speeds beyond normal human capablities. He can run up to 45 mph for up to an hour before fatique begins to effect him.
- Superhuman Agility: Macabre's agility is greater than any of the finest human gymnasts or acrobats ever known.
- Superhuman Endurance: Macabre doesn't produce fatigue toxins at the same rate as normal humans and is not as susceptible to fatigue. He can perform at peak levels for up to 24 hours before succumbing to fatigue.
- Superhuman Healing: Macabre can heal from various injuries up to three times faster than an ordinary human. While he doesn't have a healing factor like a Neo-Progeny such as Manx, he is extremely injury resistent and very difficult to inflict serious injury upon. That said, if a foe possessed sufficient skill and physical acumen to inflict a deadly injury such as decapitation or removal of internal organs, Macabre could be killed.
- Enhanced Senses: Macabre's senses have been augmented to heightened levels of function. He can perceive things better than a normal human. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Enhanced Hearing
- Enhanced Sense of Smell
- Enhanced Vision
- Slowed Aging: Macabre's aging has slowed tremendously since being injected with the adrenal mutagen to an unspecified degree, but he physically appears to be no older than his mid-thirties yet he is well over fifty years old.
- Enhanced Brain Function: Macabre was a genius level intellect prior to the mutagen being admistered to him, however afterwards his ability to process various streams of information at once borders on superhuman. As a result, his physical coordination was enhanced and borders on precognitive sensory perception.
- Demolitions: Macabre is extremely proficient with many different sorts of explosives, ranging from small entry explosives to grenades and even high powered military grade firepower.
- Firearms: Macabre is a highly trained soldier whose had decades of mercenary experience. He is a skilled marksman, trained in the use of various weapons including: pistols, rifles and shotguns.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Macabre is a trained in a wide variety of lethal martial arts disciplines and studied with the Tsuchigumo Ninja Clan and the Ring of Gyges. Because of his higher brain function, his cognitive reflexes are extremely heightened and make him one of the most lethal adversaries on Earth, even when fighting more powerful foes than himself.
- Hunting/Tracking: Macbre is an extremely skilled hunter and tracker. With his higher brain function, enhanced senses and superhuman physical attributes only Hard Target can rival him in tracking proficiency.
- Military Protocol: A former secret soldier in the US Army. Macabre has received both Army Ranger and Navy SEAL training from the world's leading experts.
- Swordsmanship: While studying with the Tsuchigumo Clan, Macabe excelled in swordsmanship, particularly with the katana.
- Tactical Analysis: A section of Macabre's brain not associated with fighting was dedicated to the analysis and understanding of a situation. No one has ever been able to catch Macabre unaware.
- Macabre seeks out various forgotten forms of martial arts and masters them before killing his instructors, due to his desire to be the only one to possess the knowledge. He obviously failed with the Tsuchigumo Ninja Clan and the Ring of Gyges.
- Macabre is also a unrepentent, merciless serial killer. In his spare time, he hunts down unsuspecting victims and assassinates them. His one caveat is that those he stalks are also murderers and/or known criminals.
- Macabre is a master of the culinary arts and as Jonas McKenzie, owns a chain of high-end restaurants around the world.
Macabre is different from other types of assassin and mercenaries, in that he gets a euphoric sensation with killing that stimulates the pleasure centers in his brain and gives him a psuedo high. So, while his is in fact a remorseless and cold-blooded killer, he loves the act of killing so much that he does it very cheerfully. Cash money he encounters while serial killing, he takes and invests in his weapons cache. This allows for there to be no money trail leading back to him or his restaurants. Macabre revels in the fact that no one knows his true identity and sometimes mocks the police and other authorities in their ineptitude at catching him. While some view him as an Urban Legend, others have benefitted indirectly from his kills and hold a veiled admiration for him. He is viewed as an extremely dangerous criminal by most of the public and by most others within the Neo-Human/Neo-Progeny community. Macabre's morality is very atypical when compared to most people. For example, he may save a target from a grisly death, only to honor them with a honorable and less painful one, just to suit his own sensibilities.
- Japanese Demon Mask: Macabre wears a bone colored, grisly looking mask based of drawings of the Japanese demon, Shiro Oni (White Demon), who is a kind of yōkai (Demon) from ancient Japanese folklore. The mask has special lenses which allow Macabre to see within the ultraviolet spectrum and emits low level soundwaves which ping back to him which his enhanced hearing and higher brain function can interpret as shapes, similar to sonar. A sophisticated filtration and rebreathing system incorporated into the mask allows him protection against various forms of chemical weapons such as: tear gas and poisons. It also allows him to breathe underwater and/or airless environments for up to an hour at a time by recycling his expelled carbon dioxide. An untraceable, satellite radio transmitter/reciever is also built into the mask, which allows him to monitor virtually any electronic transmission made within a radius of 30 meters.
- Body Armor: Macabre wears a sophisticated body armor contructed with a special fiber which is nearly as dense and damage resistant as the Project O.G.U.N. drone's hull.
- Two katanas forged from Ogundium
- A collapsible staff which can be broken down into two batons, two nuchukus, a blow dart gun or form a bow.
- Twin custom Desert Eagle firearms
- Customized, collapsible sniper rifle
- Twin gauntlets with large triple blades and grappling hooks
- Various throwing knives, flechettes, caltrops and shirken
- Flashbangs and grenades