|Real Name||Alexandre Cornelius "Neal" Du Bois|
|Aliases|| Knight Ranger|
Captain Du Bois
Captain Solomon Knight
|Relatives||Marcel Du Bois (father, deceased), Alva Du Bois (mother), Lynda Middleton-Du Bois (wife), Alexandre Adam Du Bois (son)|
|Affiliations||Former U.S. Army Ranger, G.E.N.E.S.I.S.|
|Base of Operations||Washington D.C.|
|Marital Status||Legally divorced via deceased status|
|Occupation||Former U.S. Army Ranger, Special Operative for G.E.N.E.S.I.S.|
|Education||U.S. Army Ranger School|
|Place of Birth||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Creator||John F. Allen|
|First Appearance||The God Killers (Novel) 2013|
"My father understood and believed in an America which leads by example, not by bullying others with the threat of death and tyranny. I am also a believer in this."
--Captain Alexandre "Neal" Cornelius Du Bois aka Knight Ranger
Alexandre "Neal" Cornelius Du Bois is an Ultra Soldier (a powerful line of enhanced military operatives/warriors), a former United States Army Ranger and the world's first Neo-Progeny/Cyborg. A classified, experimental procedure was used to repair his destroyed body after his unit was attacked in Afghanistan. Neal was the only survivor and the perfect candidate for the procedure he underwent. As a result, he awakened with a completely bio-engineered body, which possessed superhuman abilities. Neal found himself alone in a world where society and his family thought him dead. In order to protect his family, he must let the world continue to believe he perished along with his unit. Elijah Bishop, director of the international clandestine preternatural policing agency known as G.E.N.E.S.I.S., forced him to give up all he held dear to work for him, he was given the codename: Knight Ranger. Given a unique suit of specialized body armor and advanced, high-tech weaponry, he protects the entire world from all manner of threats, foreign, domestic, human and preternatural.
United States Army Ranger, Captain Alexandre “Neal” Du Bois and his unit were on a mission in Afghanistan to deliver top secret intel to a Director Elijah Bishop, head of a clandestine organization called G.E.N.E.S.I.S., when they were ambushed by terrorist forces. The entire unit perished, but thanks to a rare genetic X-factor called the Progeny Gene, in Du Bois’ DNA and highly classified technology, a new body was bio-engineered for him, from what remained of the mutilated original. Du Bois’ new body was capable of amazing feats beyond the scope of any normal human. Unable to contact his family, for fear of retaliation from his enemies, he is forced to remain deceased to them and the rest of the world.
Agent of G.E.N.E.S.I.S.Edit
Neal Du Bois was given a new civilian identity as Solomon Knight. He was moved to Washington, D.C., where he became an active operative for G.E.N.E.S.I.S. under the codename, Knight Ranger. After joining the agency, Neal was trained in the finer points of espionage and undercover work. He was also trained by T-Rex in parkour and various martial arts disciplines to make him an even more formidable agent in the field and one of the greatests fighters in the Ivoryverse. Over the course of his early days as an agent, he worked with Agents Anastasia Sapir aka Minx and Michael Walker aka Hard Target. The three agents were part of a strikeforce called Operation Shadowstrike. Operation Shadowstrike initially was comprised of only Ultra Soldiers, until Neal insisted that Minx and Hard Target be added to the active roster. G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Deputy Director Sebastian Gilliard reluctantly agreed and the team was assigned to their first mission.
When Operation Shadowstrike was mobilized to protect and escort a conspiracy theorist/blogger from Canada to NORAD Headquarters in Colorado, they encounter a Soviet sleeper agent codenamed, Crimson Shadow.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Knight Ranger's body was literally destroyed with the exception of his torso. His brain and heart were transplanted into a specially bio-engineered body, by Dr. Avery Clarkson and Dr. Victor Shelley, at the behest of G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Director Elijah Bishop. Due to his new body's enhanced physiology, Knight Ranger possesses superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, endurance, and healing. Clarkson and Shelley were able to integrate trillions of nanites into his remaining tissue which accelerated the already rapid growth of his Progeny cells. This resulted in a new body which was on his original, but with corrections to any flaw and/or defect. To help conceal his identity, Du Bois' facial features, height and build were slightly altered in his new body.
His new body tissues are composed of an amalgam of his human DNA and IChells, metallic psuedo cells composed of a special alloy, which reacts similarly to human cells. This give him an extremely high resistance to injury and accelerates his healing to an almost instantaneous rate.
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: As the only Neo-Progeny Ultra Soldier, Neal Du Bois possesses above peak human abilities, such as enhanced intelligence, strength, speed, durability, agility, stamina, dexterity and reflexes, as well as a healing factor that prevents him from becomin intoxicated. Neal's bio-engineered body is like taking the finest human specimen and increasing it by a factor of three. Knight Ranger is extremely intelligent, strong, fast, agile, and durable. He maintains an overall healthy lifestyle including a regular extensive exercise regimen and a well balanced diet. This appears to have increased his capabilities further, much like how it increases strength in non-enhanced humans.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Neal's mental performance has been greatly enhanced to beyond the peak of human potential. He had a low level genius IQ before his rebirth and obtaining a bio-engineered body, however because of his enhancements and his access to the internet 24/7, he is a fountain of information on virtually anything. Neal's mind to operates in the most efficient and rapid manner possible, some manifestation of this are his exceptionally perfect; charisma, eloquence, leadership skills, deductive/analytical skills, and tactical genius; the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to any changing tactical situations, by creating perfect winning strategies rapidly. He possessed an eidetic memory prior to his enhancements, but with them he can not only remember whatever he sees/reads, but also whatever sensory input he is exposed to whatsoever. It is because of this, he can recreate perfectly via drawing/sketching, whatever he sees.
- Enhanced Strength: Du Bois' strength is enhanced to beyond the peak of human potential, moving him into the superhuman strength levels. He can lift/press up to 3 tons normally, however his strength is further increased while wearing his specialized body armor by a factor three. Enhanced Durability: Neal's bones and muscles are composed of IChells (synthetic metallic cells) which make his body far denser and harder than any normal human's. While he is not completely bulletproof, he can survive blunt force trauma such as being hit with high caliber rounds, solid objects of heavy weight and mass, as well as punches from beings considerably stronger than himself, for short periods of time, without suffering any permanent damage. This works in conjunction with his enhanced healing factor.
- Enhanced Speed: Neal can run and move at speeds that are superior to the finest Olympic athlete. He can run/swim between 50-70 mph with ease, faster if pushed. He can keep up with most standard vehicles and cover a small area such as city blocks within a short period of time. He has been clocked running over 20 miles in less than 30 minutes.
- Enhanced Stamina: Neal's bio-engineered musculature produces far less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. His body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing chemicals in his muscles, granting him exceptional endurance and lung capacity, far greater than of normal humans. He can function in peak capacity for 24 hours before showing signs of fatigue.
- Enhanced Agility: His agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist and leagues above even the worlds greatest acrobats. He can coordinate his body with perfect balance, equilibrium, flexibility, and dexterity. He also has the ability to leap 70 yards out in a single bound and 50 ft into the air without a running start. He can reach very high places with great ease. Neal uses his enhanced agility to perform amazing parkour and gymnastic moves, that would be impossible for any normal human to accomplish.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Neal's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest athlete, beyond human potential which allows him to dodge even multiple gunfire in close range. His auto-reflexes allow him to easily dodge gunfire and attacks even when not consciously aware of them, his immense reflexes can be used to attack and counter instead of just defensive purposes.
- Master Martial Artist: Du Bois is a master at hand to hand combat and a variety of martial arts. He has an extensive knowledge in melee combat. He also held a variety of black belts in various martial arts styles, having combined those disciplines into his own unique combat style composed of a mixture of American Boxing, Judo, Brazillian Jiu-jitsu, Taekwondo, Karate, Akido, Krav Maga, Muai Thay and Wing Chun. His combat skill level is shown to be at least on par with Shadow Rook, Onyx and CCC. Du Bois' combat skills are considered world class and make him one of the greatest fighters in the Ivoryverse.
- Expert Tactician: Du Bois is an accomplished strategist. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to alter any strategy to fit the changing need of the situation.
- Indomitable Will: Du Bois is an extremely dedicated person.
- Leadership - Du Bois has a great skill to inspire others to follow him, including the Shadow Corps , G.E.N.E.S.I.S., and even Elijah Bishop.
- Advanced Military Operator: Du Bois is well-versed in all Armed force disciplines including intelligence gathering, escape arts, demolition, survival tactics, swimming, mountaineering, march or drill skills, map making, map reading, communication systems and vehicles used in armed forces. It is unknown if he had to update any of these skills since his reawakening, but it could be possible or some of them may still be equal to that of most modern special forces soldiers.
- Expert Marksman: Du Bois can throw most projectile weaponry with great aim and is well-versed in the use of firearms, both pistols and rifles.
- Expert Sketch Artist: Du Bois enjoys drawing and does so with his free time.
- Multilingualism: Du Bois speaks English, Farsi, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese fluently.
Knight Ranger's body armor is composed of two layers, a skintight bodysuit/under armor known as SKIN; Subdural, Kinetic, Integrated, Network. It psionically attaches itself to his central nervous system and brain via a wireless interface. The nanites in his body emit a signal which the armor reads and locks onto. The under armor is constructed with a combination of spidergoat silk and specially developed kevlar and nomex weave called Infinity Cloth. The spidergoat silk is made from the recombinant spider silk-like protein extracted from the milk of transgenic goats. It is at least ten times stronger than titanium steel of the same thickness and weight.
The second layer is an exoskeleton which consists of a helmet, breastplate, gauntlets and boots. The outer layer is constructed with plates made of a virtually indestructible alloy called ogundium and a silver/palladium composite material. The density of this resulting material is capable of withstanding high caliber weapons fire for an extended period of time.
- Armor Systems: Knight Ranger's body armor has remote assistance from W.A.T.S.O.N. who manages the armor's systems at Du Bois' command, and the armor also have a holographic HUD (heads-up display) built into the helmet, for information on power levels, armor status, weapons systems, vital signs with cellphone and computer connections in the helmet, included a loudspeaker. Originally, the body armor had to be charged every twenty-four hours, otherwise it would run out of energy and lock up. However, the body armor is now powered by a miniaturized god particle fusion battery prototype, which Dr. Clarkson and Dr. Okafor helped Jaziri Franklin develop. The scanner systems are capable of scanning the environment, weather conditions and equipment for information.
- Energy Conversion Power Recharge: The body armor is able to absorb and convert energy sources, such as heat, kinetic energy or energy from the planet itself into electricity, directly into the batteries for recharge.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System and Environmental Protection: The body armor can be completely sealed for operations in vacuums or underwater, providing its own life support, it is also shielded against radiation. The armor shows to capable of operating underwater, but not designed for deep space travel.
- Heads Up Display (HUD): The Heads-Up display shows important things for the suit. The Head Up Display of the Knight Ranger body armor is powered by W.A.T.S.O.N., the G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Artificial Intelligence. The body armor also has Defensive and Offensive sections, able to switch around the sections, resorting to missiles and lasers. The HUD can also be talked to, and W.A.T.S.O.N. will reply to it. The HUD can scan people, missile identifications, make calls, give crucial suit credentials such as power. The HUD can also has navigational (GPS) support. The suit also has radio capabilities.
- Kinetic Energy Weapons: A particle beam weapon in the body armor's gauntlets can generate a powerful blast of kinetic energy capable of seriously incapaciating a human and stunning a more powerful adversary. However, this taxes Knight Ranger physically and can only be used in extreme circumstances, as it significanly weakens him and leaves him vulnerable to attack. When the body armor is charged with additional power, the kinetic energy weapons are powerful enough to stun even a superhuman with sufficient durability like Shango and to a lesser extent, Big Ben.
- Lasers: A powerful weapon in the gauntlets of the body armor which can cut through any common metals with no apparent effort. However, it is not strong enough to penetrate a ogundium.
Knight Ranger carries two primary weapons and a host of other utilities he has stored in specialized compartments within his armor, usually on his pistol belt and within his gauntlets.
- Knight Ranger carries a specialized, advanced tech, miniature rail gun pistol which fires special projectiles made of titanium tipped, hollow point rounds made of silver and filled with a radioactive liquid which mimics the radiation of the sun.
- Knight Ranger also carries an unbreakable katana sword and an Army blade made of ogundium.
Friends and AlliesEdit
- Dr. Hakim Okafor - Associate and Close Friend
- Shadow Corps - Teammates