|Base of Operations||Empyrean Empire|
|Average Weight||Slightly heavier than humans|
|Number of Limbs||4|
|Number of Fingers||5|
|Number of Toes||5|
|Special Adaptations||Red skin, Yellow/White hair, Yellow eyes. Empyreans cannot comfortably breathe on Earth without a special apparatus. Adaptation to Empyrea's more powerful gravitational pull and the rich nitrogen content in its atmosphere has left the Empyreans with much denser, stronger bodies than humans and affords them with superhuman level strength and endurance.|
|First Appearance||Knight Ranger: Red Winter|
The Empyreans are a scientifically and technologically advanced militaristic race of red-skinned humanoids from the planet Empyrea. One of the most technologically efficient races in the Andromeda Galaxy, the Empyreans have special emphasis placed on their skills in weapons manufacture and genetic. They are a powerful force in the galaxy that control a vast empire characterized by its militaristic lifestyle, advanced technology, and arrogance.
Millennia ago an advanced race of humanoids known as the Progeny, colonized the inhabitable planets in their star system called Progenia. The alien race that would become known as the Empyreans, lived on the planet Empyrea. After a millennia of colonized life, Empyrea proclaimed their independence from the Progeny Dominion and set out to govern themselves. As the planet was located in a sector of the star system that wasn’t particularly of strategic importance, the Progeny Empire did not fight them for their liberation from the Empire. The Empyreans thus formed what would become known as The Empyrean Empire.
An insectoid race called the Neothrops, came upon Empyrea in an effort to escape the toletarian rule of their homeworld. The Empyreans granted them asylum in an atmosphere of uneasy toleration. The two races shared technological breakthroughs for a millennia, until a dispute over a centrally located area of Empyrea erupted. A brutal Civil War ensued that split the races and destroyed all hope of an amicable existence. Each race’s technology continued to advance with a focus on military applications. This sustained animosity drained Empyrea of its natural resources and led to its near destruction.
The Neothrops had secretly been working to terra-form Empyrea from the time they set foot on the planet, so that they could hail others from their home world of Neothrop Prime.
An anomalous, stabilized wormhole called the Infinity Gate allowed for the Empyreans to find another planet to inhabit. It was then that a scout ship entered the Milky Way galaxy and encountered a planet called Earth.
On the earth date 1908, the Empyrean vessel was bombarded by an atmospheric electromagnetic pulse which caused the ship to freefall into Earth’s atmosphere and explode over a remote area of Siberia. The resulting explosion caused the release of anti-matter which impacted with Earth’s surface and devastated the region now known as Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. This incident was officially dubbed the Tunguska Event.
Empyrean physiology originally developed in a heavier gravity and a higher nitrogen-to-oxygen air content environment. The Empyreans diverted their technological developments to further enhance their physiologies for war. As a result, they were able to genetically modify their psychic abilities, which granted the new generations with strong telepathic, empathic and telekinetic gifts.
Outwardly the Empyreans resemble humans, with the exception of their red skin color and tendency to be taller. Denser skin and bone with increased muscle flexibility gives the Empyreans endurance, durability, and stamina, nearly twice that of the most athletic humans.
The Empyreans have shown to be acutely reproductive via cross-breeding with the Neorthops. This inter-breeding resulted in an elite warrior race known as the Hyperion class warriors. The Hyperions, while extremely elite in their physiology are not very abundant in numbers, due to the difficulty to successfully splice Empyrean and Neorthopian DNA.
Powers & Abilities Edit
- Superhuman Strength: An average Empyrean warrior has almost three times the strength of an Olympic Level conditioned human. They can lift/press on average 1.5 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Average Empyreans are extremely durable and capable of shrugging of hits from high caliber weapons with only major bruising. However, explosive devices and energy/pulse weapons are effective in penetrating their skin.
- Superhuman Endurance: An average Empyrean warrior has almost three times the endurance of an Olympic Level conditioned human.
- Superhuman Stamina: An average Empyrean warrior has almost three times the stamina of an Olympic Level conditioned human.
- Superhuman Healing: Average Empyreans heal almost three times as fast as the healthiest humans.
- Weaknesses: Average Empyreans are susceptible to extreme cold, energy based weapons and God Particle Disruptor Technology.
Hyperion Class WarriorsEdit
The Hyperian Class Warriors are a genetic hybrid of Empyrean and Neothop DNA. The resulting creations are powerful and highly effective warriors who are extremely loyal to the Empyrean Empire.
- Superhuman Strength: A Hyperion class Empyrean warrior is capable of easily lifting up to one hundred times its body weight. Due to their denser body composition—up to five times as dense as human tissue—they are 50% heavier on average than typical humans. They can lift/press on average 15+ tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Hyperion class Empyreans are extremely durable—due largely to their chitinous exoskeleton—and capable of shrugging of hits from high caliber weapons with virtually no effect. They are also highly resistant to human made explosive devices and while energy/pulse weapons are uncomfortable, they are not effective in penetrating their skin. Hyperion class Empyrean warriors are immune to extreme cold—unlike the average Empyrean.
- Superhuman Endurance: A Hyperion class Empyrean warrior has almost five times the endurance of a human with peak level conditioning.
- Superhuman Stamina: A Hyperion class Empyrean warrior has almost five times the stamina of a human with peak level conditioning.
- Superhuman Healing: A Hyperion class Empyrean warriors heal almost five times as fast as the healthiest humans.
- Insectoid abilities: Hyperion class Empyrean warriors can sprout dense, gossamer wings from apertures on their backs. They can fly for extremely long distances and at extremely high altitudes with their wings. Due to their insectoid natures, their skin is chitinous and gives them extra durability that average Empyreans do not possess. Like ants, Hyperion class warriors can communicate via telepathic signals to other Hyperions and average Empyreans via small antennae on their foreheads.
- Weaknesses: Hyperion class Empyrean warriors are highly resistant to energy based weapons and only god particle disruptor technology based weapons are known to effectively kill them.