|Real Name||April Reed|
Agent Cobalt Blue Streak
|Relatives||Marcella Reed (sister)|
|Affiliations||G.E.N.E.S.I.S., Shadow Corps|
|Base of Operations||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Education||Degree in fine art from Herron Art School|
|Eyes||Green (as April), light blue opaque (as Cobalt)|
|Hair||Strawberry blonde (as April), light blue (as Cobalt)|
|Place of Birth||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Creator||John F. Allen|
April Reed was a struggling art student at the Herron School of Art in Indianapolis when she was asked to take a job with a shipping warehouse, Hoosier Shipping. While working there, April was present during the time when a disgruntled, former employee began shooting anyone in sight in retaliation for being terminated. While attempting to escape the gunman, April hid amongst crates of an experimental serum designed to treat nerve damage. Unbeknownst to her the gunman had set an explosive device and detonated it while she was still inside the building. Caught in the rubble, she was found barely alive. While recuperating in the hospital, doctors told her she would most likely be paralyzed from the neck down for the remainder of her life. After weeks in the hospital, she was asked to be a volunteer for a new electro-nerve stimulation device, created by Dr. Jerald Ward. After several clinical trials, Dr. Ward was close to giving up on his device, taking April as a candidate at the pleading of her sister, Marcella. April was subjected to intense physical therapy along with being treated with the device. At first the treatments seemed to be having no effect on April however, two weeks into the treatments she began to experience sensation in her fingers and toes. This eventually spread throughout her entire body until; miraculously she made a full recovery. Given a new lease on life, April began to exercise rigorously in hopes of maintaining her newly regained mobility. While running one morning she realized she was moving at a tremendous rate of speed. Believing she had been hallucinating, she returned home and began her normal routine of cleaning her apartment. While putting dishes away she stumbled over a kitchen rug and the dishes fell out of her hands. In an attempt to catch them, she reached out and was able to catch every dish. Astonished at her reaction time, April decided to test herself. She threw a glass in the air and waited until the very last second to try catching it. She was able to catch the glass without any problem. April went to see Dr. Ward and tell him about her experiences. Dr. Ward put her through a battery of tests which determined that her reaction time had increased to about 10 times that of an average human. Dr. Ward was astonished and wanted to run further tests. They traveled to a private track and April was clocked running at speeds up to 300 mph. April was both impressed by her new abilities and concerned that when people found out they would never leave her alone. Dr. Ward agreed and they told no one. Dr. Ward, through several additional tests, concluded that his device could be merely a catalyst resulting in April’s abilities. Focusing exclusively on helping her determine the nature of her powers, they retraced her steps before the explosion and were unable to come up with anything out of the ordinary. While out shopping, April was walking down the street when a young boy was running into the street in the path of an oncoming truck. Without thought of anything else, April ran to the boy and moved him to safety. Shocked onlookers stared in disbelief as April immediately fled as fast as she could. After meeting with Dr. Ward later that evening, she told him of the day’s events and they both realized that she would have to adopt a guise when using her powers. Dr. Ward had been working on a wind resistant material, suitable for this situation, and had a bodysuit made from it.
Agent of G.E.N.E.S.I.S.Edit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Physiology: Cobalt's body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed running. Her cardiovascular and respiratory systems are extremely more efficient than those of a normal human being. She metabolizes an estimated 100% of the caloric energy content of foodstuffs (normal humans use about 25%). The chemical processes of Cobalt's musculature are so highly enhanced that her body does not generate fatigue poisons, the normal by-products of locomotion, which force the body to rest. Rather, her body constantly expels waste products during her accelerated respiration through exhalation. Cobalt’s joints are smoother and lubricated more efficiently than those of a normal human being. Her tendons have the tensile strength of spring steel. Her bones contain unknown materials significantly more durable than calcium to withstand the dynamic shocks of her feet touching the ground at speeds a human could never achieve or withstand. Cobalt's practical reaction time is several times faster than a normal human's and the speed at which her brain processes information is heightened to a level commensurate with her bodily speed, enabling her to perceive her surroundings while traveling at high velocities. Cobalt's lachrymose is more viscous than normal, thus preventing rapid evaporation and replenishment of surface fluids on her eyeballs under the influence of high wind velocity to occlude her vision.
- Aura: Cobalt possesses an aura of bio-electric energy that protects her from the friction caused when she moves and high speed. Through an as yet unexplained telekinetic action, that aura is extended to anything or anyone in physical contact with her. A supply of breathable atmosphere is trapped within the aura and allows her to breathe while running at supersonic speeds.
- Speed: Cobalt can reach supersonic speeds up to Mach 10 (7700 miles per hour). She possesses sufficient energy reserves that enables her to run at this average speed almost indefinitely. Cobalt absorbs the kinetic energy that she produces when she moves and it in turn fuels her cells. Her cells then act like a recharged battery and supply her with an unending fuel supply. This makes her capable of outrunning lightning or covering the radius of earth in less than a minute. Cobalt is also fast enough to dodge automatic gun fire and can create cyclonic wind gusts (see Vortex Creation), runs across large bodies of water and run along the sides of buildings. She has recently shown the ability to shift his molecules through solid objects, and transport people at speeds greater than the speed of sound without injuring them. Cobalt has come to instinctively understand how to react while in high-speed situations. (see Phasing)
- Speed Borrowing/Siphoning: Cobalt can borrow/siphon the kinetic energy of nearby objects or people to increase her own speed or reduce their speed or even stop them from moving altogether.
- Vortex Creation: Cobalt can plant herself firmly to the ground and rotate her extremities which causes powerful wind bursts in the form of focused funnels. She unconsciously creates vortexes whenever she runs, which reduces the air currents around her body to low enough levels so that they no longer inhibit her speed. She can create tornadoes and gusts with her arms.
- Molecular Destabilization: Cobalt can control her motions down to the sub-atomic level, which allows her to vibrate her molecules at high speeds. She can destabilize atomic matter by accelerating its molecules often causing it to fall apart or explode while it is in physical contact with her.
- Supercharged Brain Activity: Cobalt can access superhuman levels of function in their brains and process information at extremely high speeds. She can test theories, understand difficult equations and run trial and error in their brains at superhuman speeds.
- Phasing: Cobalt can vibrate her molecules so quickly that they can achieve intangibility for short bursts allowing her to phase through objects.
- Healing: Cobalt heals more rapidly and efficiently that a normal human. Any normal wear and tear damage to her body is almost instantly healed. In the event of more extensive injuries, she heals at a fraction of the rate normal humans do. For example, in normal humans it can take from 3 to 24 weeks for bones to heal (depending on the bone and age of the person). Cobalt can generally heal from broken bones in 3 to 24 hours.
- Decelerated Aging: Cobalt’s aging process has slowed tremendously as a result of gaining her abilities.
- Endurance: Cobalt uses the kinetic energy her cells absorb for sustenance and to fuel her abilities. Because of this, her body can handle the stresses of superhuman speeds without noticeable distress. Although she can still consume and metabolize food products, it is unnecessary as a result of her abilities.
DURABILITY: Cobalt is capable of resisting tremendous impact forces that could easily crush and kill a human without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Quick Intellect: Cobalt is able to think at great speeds. Because she has a high speed of perception, telepaths often have difficulty using their abilities against her.
- Skilled Combatant: She has been trained in martial arts and other forms of combat by T-Rex making her an excellent fighter.
- Specialized bodysuit: Cobalt wears a specialized bodysuit which is highly friction resistant.
- Marcella Reed - Sister
- Elijah Bishop - Superior
- Equinox - Archenemy