|Real Name||Sir William Benjamin Jekyll|
|Aliases|| Big Ben|
|Relatives||Henry Jekyll (ancestor, deceased)|
|Base of Operations||United Kingdom|
|Identity||Not publicly known|
|Education||PhD's in biochemistry, biophysics and advanced genetics from Cambridge University|
|Height||As Jekyll (5'10), as Big Ben (9'0)|
|Weight||As Jekyll (185 lbs), as Big Ben (1 ton)|
|Eyes||As Jekyll (blue), as Big Ben (black)|
|Hair||As Jekyll (blond), as Big Ben (bald)|
|Place of Birth||Unknown|
|Creator||John F. Allen|
|First Appearance||Attack of the Shadow Scorpions 2015|
Sir William Benjamin Jekyll is a direct descendant of Dr. Henry Jekyll and a world renown scientist whose expertise is in Biochemistry, Biophysics and Genetics. While working on a drug which would help to cure addictions without withdrawl symptoms, Jekyll experiments on himself in order to combat his own addiction to heroin. His experimental drug triggers a dormant gene passed down from his ancestor Dr. Henry Jekyll and transforms him into a burly brute who dubbed himself Big Ben.
Just like Dr. Henry Jekyll's alter ego, Mr. Hyde, Sir Jekyll's Big Ben persona was of a high intellect and low inhibitions. He generally ventured out at nighttime and became a rabble rouser throughout London and was wanted by the police. Inspector Japp and his partner, Sgt. Lestrade doggedly pursued Big Ben, but were never able to apprehend him.
Big Ben came to the attention of G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Director Elijah Bishop, who was successful in capturing him and forcing him into servitude as an operative under his command. Bishop injected specially programmed nanites into Big Ben's bloodstream while he was in his Jekyll form, which activate whenever he transforms and forces him to take directives from him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Transformation: Jekyll transforms into Big Ben as a result of the chemical catalyst of adrenaline and a special cocktail of drugs which interact with his unique genetic mutation and causes a metamorphasis. When the Big Ben personality emerges, Jekyll's heart rate increases to extremely high levels during the transformation process. Jekyll gains an excessive amount of muscle mass due to rapid cellular growth triggered by the adrenaline and drug imbued cells releasing energy which is converted to muscle mass. His serotonin levels also spike and while Big Ben may not have the brilliant scientific mind of Jekyll, he is equally as intelligent, albeit there is a drastic loss of impulse control and he relishes giving in to his inhibitions, which results in a huge lack of self restraint, agressive and rude mannerisms. Jekyll was unable to control the transformations at first, due to Big Ben's more aggressive personality. However, over time with the help of a specialized counteractive agent and spiritual exercises, Jekyll can prevent the Big Ben personality from emerging for limited periods of time. The mental fatigue from such efforts eventually erode Jekyll's metal stamina and he is forced to transform. After a year of intense mental and spritual training, Jekyll learned to communicate with his other persona, regardless of which physical state he was in. So, if he is in the Jekyll body form, he hears Big Ben in his head speaking to him and vice-versa.
- Superhuman Strength: Big Ben is one of the physically strongest beings in the Ivoryverse. He possesses a vast amount of superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) up to 100+ tons. In human form Jekyll possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Superhuman Stamina: Big Ben's body counteracts fatigue poisons that build up in his muscles during physical activity. He is capable of exerting himself at peak physical capacity for several days before fatigue begins to affect him.
- Superhuman Durability: In addition to great strength, Big Ben's body possesses a high degree of resistance to physical injury. He can survive tremendous amounts of punishment. His skin is impervious to conventional blades, only ogundium and reinforced titanium steel are capable of piercing his skin. Big Ben is able to withstand high caliber bullets, powerful energy blasts, pressures extremes, falls from great heights, maximized heat without blistering, maximized cold without freezing, and also powerful impacts.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite the Big Ben's high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause him injury. However, Big Ben is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body (even his limbs) with much greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. In fact he can systematically regenerate his internal organs and tissues if necessary.
- Immunity to All Earth-Based Diseases and Viruses: Big Ben is immune to all known Earth-based diseases and viruses, including AIDS. He can operate under intense conditions for extended periods of time due to his body not developing fatigue toxins as quickly as normal humans.
- Longevity: For all intents and purposes Big Ben is immortal and can live indefinitely, due to the extremely accelerated healing factor that regenerates his cells.
- Superhuman Speed: Regardless of his size, Big Ben's superhumanly strong legs allow him to run at speeds that are well beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
William Jekyll's AbilitiesEdit
- Genius Level Intellect: In his William Jekyll persona, Jekyll possesses a genius level intellect, famous for being one of the foremost geniuses of his generation. According to G.E.N.E.S.I.S. data files, Jekyll is one of the nine most intelligent people in the world. He is capable of sharing his knowledge with Big Ben while he controls the body and vice versa.
- Master Scientist: Jekyll is one of the world's renowned scientist in fields such as Biochemistry, Biophysics and, especially Genetics. He is also very skilled in the scientific discipline of Bioorganics. He is highly experienced in computer science and engineering as well.
- Physician: Jekyll is also a skilled physician.
- Martial Artist: Jekyll is a skilled fighter, however as Big Ben, he is an even more skillful and capable warrior, demonstrating vast versatility and intuition in battle. He has been trained by G.E.N.E.S.I.S.’ Neo-Human training expert, T-Rex.
- Strength level: Big Ben is one of the physically strongest beings in the Ivoryverse. He possesses a vast amount of superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) up to 100+ tons. In human form Jekyll possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Appearance: Big Ben is taller and larger then the average human. When in the Big Ben form, his skin takes on a dark, almost onyx complexion and the Union Jack tattoo on his chest glows bright and he is completely bald. When he reverts back to his Jekyll form, his hair rapidly regrows and his complexion returns to it's normal state.
- Infinity Cloth Attire: Jekyll wears a leather-like vest, pants and boots, made from Infinity Cloth which stretches to accomodate his extra mass while in the Big Ben form.
- Ogundium Blades: They have been shown capable of piercing Big Ben's skin.
- God Particle Disruptors: They are capable of disintegrating even his dense molecular composition.
- Genesis Stones : They are capable of injuring Big Ben via their unique energy signature.
- Shadow Corps - Teammates
- G.E.N.E.S.I.S. - Reluctant Allies
- Elijah Bishop
- Sebastian Gilliard